Wednesday, June 29, 2011

First post,

Well, today marks 2 years since Kate was diagnosed with her first brain tumor. More on that in the next post though.

Today, I watched a lot of gymnastics. From nationals in 2005-2008 or so, to Olympics 2008. I had a flash back just moments ago that I had to post about.
Watching the 2008 Olympics, their was a teenage girl that had cancer. Her Make-A-Wish was to go to the Olympics and watch the gymnasts compete. The announcer said she was on hospice. I remember asking my mom what that meant. If I only I would have known how well I would know that now. Now, I know it all too well. She told me, "It means they don't think she'll live long." I remember looking at the girl and saying a silent praying that God would give her peace with whatever happened. I don't know what happened to that girl. I may never know. But I recalled it and needed to write about it. I don't know why.
I do know, the words my mom picked were different. Most people would say, "She's going to die soon." But, my mom, not even knowing the girl longer than 5 minutes, said they (as in the doctors) don't THINK she'll make it. God could always give her a miracle. And in that sentence, my mom gave that sense.

For what reason I needed to post that, I don't know. It's short and to the point. But my heart told me to put it on here. I just needed to get it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment