Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Ethan.

 Ethan had been having pains in his side for the past few weeks. I was hoping it would be just a little pain from his medicine. But today, we learned otherwise.
This morning Ethan had an ultrasound. A few hours later, they got the results.
There is a mass near his liver.
Ethan has been cancer free for 6 months.
His last scans in early February were clear.
Ethan came down with BK virus two months ago and was unable to continue with maintenance chemotherapy that his parents worked so hard to get him.
It took 2 months for 2 of his BK tests to come back clear.
When this happened last week, he was planning to start his next round of maintenance today.
He had treatment this morning, but he probably will not be able to continue.
Ethan will have a CT scan in the morning.
I pray with all my heart that a miracle happens and the mass is gone or at least not cancerous. A cyst maybe.
Anything. Anything. Anything but cancer.
My heart is broke.
After February, I was hoping the relapse thing was over.
But.
Obvisiously not.
Kate finished with brain and spine radiation yesterday! Today, she started proton radiation to the 2 new tumors that were found in February. I pray every cancer cell is killed. Every single cell. Her hair has all fallen out, too. She shaved it a couple weeks ago to make it easier. She will soon lay her hair out and let the birds make a nest out of it like Daisy.


 God willing she is done with cancer treatment forever! GO DAISY!Daisy's hair has begun to come back. You see those little blond hairs. It's not much but it's growing! Yay!

 I had a special dream last night.
I got to meet Kate.


I was in a restaurant and I saw Kate with her mom, dad, and brother. I'm not sure where her sister was. I ate and walked over to them. Kate looked sick and tired. It broke my heart. She didn't smile while I was talking to her. She just laid there with her head on her mom's shoulder. She looked like she didn't feel good. I talked with Will some, too. He was a sweetie. My parents called me and told me we had to leave. I gave Kate a hug, told her I hoped she felt better, and walked away. As I turned back to wave goodbye one last time, Kate raised her head up, waved back, and gave me the biggest smile I'd ever seen.

It was amazing. I hope one day I'll actually be able to meet this princess and when I do, I hope she feels great and is cancer free! <3  
 

No comments:

Post a Comment