Thursday, April 14, 2011

Kate's almost done!

 Kate getting proton brain radiation to the 2 new tumors last week.
 Kate at the movies in Houston after brain and spine radiation a couple weeks ago.
Tomorrow is Kate's last day of proton radiation. Of course, I am so glad she is finally done, but it scares me because I don't want any cancer cell untouched. I'm glad she won't have to be bolted down a table (hopefully) every again.I just hope no cancer cell survives. There will be after radiation treatment, but they aren't sure what to do quite yet. Chemo? Maybe. Other drugs? Maybe. She will soon get an MRI to make sure the cancer has not returned to the original tumor bed. The tumor bed has not been radiated these past 8 weeks. I pray the cancer is not there, too. She will also be scheduled to have a port placed again. She had her removed once she finished radiation last year. She didn't need one for radiation since she wasn't put under sedation.
Pray tomorrow, if there are any cancer cells left that they would be destroyed.
Pray for comfort, peace, and God's work for Kate and her family.
Pray for the right direction for the next course of treatment.

No comments:

Post a Comment