Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Kate McRae

Kate playing a game.

Right before PET scan that showed relapse.

Yesterday at the airport, on the way to San Hose for consultation for new treatment.


Never did I think I would have to use the word relapse with Kate.
Never.
But I do now.
Never did I think I would have to use worlds metastatic brain cancer with Kate.
Never.
But I do now.
After everything she's been through.
Never could I have imagined this.
Never could I have imagined her relapsing.
I just knew God would heal her.
But now.
It's hard to know.
After brain surgery, 5 rounds of chemotherapy, a stem cell transplant, and 31 days of brain radiation,
The cancer has still survived
And is spreading rapidly.
Why?
We'll never know.
She lost her hair.
She lost her right side movement.
She lost some of her speech.
She lost her childhood.
She lost a year of her life, she'll never get back.
She lost her other cancer friends.
 She lost more than I can say.
All to one thing.
Cancer.
Evil, evil cancer.
I can't believe after 8 months of no treatment
it's taking over again.
Please pray for this precious child.
Kate McRae

No comments:

Post a Comment