Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Bad day with a hint of good,

Today has been hard already. Joe passed away today. Rest in peace, Joe<3 I don't know if I'll go to his funeral. I might just to support my friends that knew him. 13 is not enough years in one life.
Mackenzie also gained her wings early this morning. Rest in peace, Mackenzie<3

I've been sad for the past couple days just thinking about this time last year. Layla was on her last leg this time last year. In 7 days, it'll be a year. March 9, 2010, I would have told you it would be forever until a year had passed. Today, it feels like just yesterday she was here on Earth. I miss my little sweetheart.

Now, for the GOOD NEWS!......

My story got second place in the 8th grade! Go Ellie!

I am so excited I get to go to the next round! I couldn't have done it without my Ellie in heaven<3 Thank you so much, baby girl! I have to type it tomorrow during second period. I don't know if I'll be able to do it without crying. I cried a little when I wrote it, but this time it is different. This is state! Ellie's story will be told to even more people! People that don't even know about other kids with cancer or even if kids get cancer! The disappointing news is... I have to change the names. Ellie and Grace's name will no longer be able to be used in the story. I wish it was different, but I don't want to be disqualified. As long as someone learns of childhood cancer, I feel like I've done something more to raise awareness. I have decided on the names to substitute. Kate Elizabeth (After Kate McRae) Davis and Taylor Nicole (After Taylor Love) Davis. Kate will be Ellie and Taylor will be Grace. Both girls relapsed with cancer recently and I want to honor them some way. So, the story will now be Ellie's life played by Kate.

 Kate during her first battle with brain cancer.
 Kate today at M.D. Anderson.
 Kate recently with her toothless grin!
Kate and her parents Friday.
 Kate had an MRI a couple hours. No reports it yet. I pray that the tumors have not grown a lot in a month. It gives me a little hope they haven't grown too much that he spinal tap last week was clear.

I found a lot of pictures of Kate last night so, I added a few. she continues to amaze me everyday. The top one is one of my favorite of her. I'll post more pictures as I post more things about her.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment