Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Trey,

 My favorite picture of Trey, May 22, 2010, my 13th birthday.
 Trey in February 2010, we never thought he would make it after this surgery. You can tell he's swollen.
  Trey only minutes before he forever became an angel.

I've been missing the baby boy the past couple of days. I don't know if it's because the 5 month anniversary to heaven just passed, the big flock of birds I saw yesterday and the day before, or that his dad just got shipped to Afghan. Whatever it is, Trey's been on my mind. Birds are my sign from him. Let me tell you the story.

On the night of Trey's visitation, I was walking into the funeral home with mom when I looked up and saw hundreds of birds. It felt perfect that Trey would send birds to let me know he was okay and in heaven. From that day on, every time I see a big flock of birds, I think of Trey. It's just his little message to remind me, he's never far away.
One day, I'll tell his parents and the other family I know, but for now, it's just between Trey and me. I like to know we have our special little thing. I miss his little self tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment