Thursday, November 25, 2010

Thursday, November 25,

Well, today's Thanksgiving Day. I've been thinking a lot about how much my life has changed in the past year. Pretty much since September 2009. That's when I was care free. I lived life like a party. I hadn't lost anyone close to me. I hadn't gone through a tough time. I always got what I wanted. I didn't care about real life. I wanted to be stupid. I didn't wear my seat belt half of the time unless I was with my family. My friends meant more to me than anything even my family. I was stupid back then. Today, I'm more thankful for what I have. I've lost many people close to me. I wear my seat belt every time. I don't party as much. I don't act like a hoe anymore. I don't talk about sex with guys. I don't take life for granted. I love my family and friends more. I keep in touch with friends that have moved away. I look at the world a different way. I love my life more. I'm thankful for everyday I get to spend on earth with my friends and family. I look at kids a different way. I'm grateful for their innocence. I cherish the time I get with friends and family. Everything reminds me of something in the past no matter good or bad. I've changed a lot. Grown up before I should have had to but life didn't want me to stay young any longer. I think about the future more. I wonder about things I shouldn't. Most kids my age, my thoughts would never cross their mind. But for me, it happens everyday. I've grown closer to my family and friends. I've changed a lot! I could go on all day but I won't. Here's some things I'm thankful for this year. These are just a few. I could go on forever with this list.

1. That God gave me life to live on this earth.
2. That Jesus died on the cross for my sins so I don't have to burn in hell.
3. God gave me the best parents a girl could have. They can be tough sometimes but it's just because they love me.
4. God gave me the best friends ever. They always have my back and I know when I need them they'll be there.
5. That God put so many amazing kids in my life. I will never forget my heroes.
6. God gave me parents that can get me the stuff I need and even some stuff I want. That they can afford me a laptop, phone, iPod, tv, ect. I know some families aren't fortunate enough to have that.
7. God gives me the knowledge in school and I get good grades. I will really need them for college.
8. God put Tyler in my life. Even though he took him back home, I am grateful for the 4 years I got to spend with Tyler's crazy butt. I'll remember him forever especially, that last night with him.
9. God put Ellie in my life. She's the person that dug me out of the ditch when Tyler died. If it wasn't for her, I don't know where I would have been today. I wish I could have thanked her so much for that. I miss her so much.
10. God put Layla in my life. She had the most beautiful eyes I've ever seen. Her strength in her last days was incredible. I wish I could be as strong as her. She defined all the odds during her fight. She was amazing.
11. God put Trey in my life. We never got to meet until after he was gone but that was a happy day. I wanted to go to the hospital with him but never got the chance. He looked beautiful at the funeral though. He defined the odds many times. I remember back in February, they told us he wouldn't make it. We prayed and then a surgeon came in and said he could do one more surgery to try and help. The surgery worked. But then, Trey started bleeding so much in September. We knew it was the end.
12. God gave me everything I have and everyone I love.
13. God helped me get through losing Tyler, Layla, Ellie, and Trey.
14. God's giving me the ability to help kids with cancer.
15. God is going to help me through whatever lies in the future.

Have a happy Thanksgiving! Hope every has fun with family and friends and stays safe.

Still trying to make it in this crazy world,
Allison<3

No comments:

Post a Comment