Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Tyler's story,




Tyler Michael Perrow was born September 11, 1996. He was a friend, boyfriend brother, uncle, nephew, cousin, and student. He lived his life like many teenagers do. Carefree and fun! He enjoyed being with his friends. He loved all sports and was very athletic. He especially liked skating, golf, baseball, and soccer. He loved life. October 17, 2009 started off as a normal fall day with football games, sleep overs, and all that the chill in the air brings. Tyler and some of his friends had been to a football game. They were 5 people in the car. The driver was 17 years old boy and the passengers were two 14 year old boys, a 13 year old boy, and a 11 year old girl. The driver was taking his friends home when he drifted off onto a gravel road a little. He jerked the wheel and the car over correted. It flipped 3 times. Tyler and 2 other passengers were not wearing their seatbelts. Tyler was ejected through the back window. The boy in the back seat with him was thrown from the car also. The seatbelt broke on the girl's seat and she was also ejected from the car. The driver and the boy in the passenger seat were safe and walked away with only cuts and bruises. Tyler and the others ejected were rushed to the hospital. Tyler and the girl were sent to one hospital and the boy another. The boy had a concussion. He had just finished playing football and they think if he wouldn't have had the pads on, he would have been worse. The girl was in critical care. She stayed in the hospital for almost 6 months afterward. It is a miracle she is alive today. Tyler was put on life support on the way to the hospital. He was brain dead. His parents made a tough decision. There was nothing the doctors could do and if they let him live he would be a vegetable for the rest of his life. They took him off and let him pass peacefully. He passed away about 7:00 p.m. on October 17, 2009. He was 13 years old.

Today, I am really good friend's with the girl that was in the car. She is one of my best friends and I have gotten closer to the driver and the boy with the concussion in the last few months. We still miss Tyler so much.

I will never forget my last night with him. It was on October 16, the night before the accident. We were hanging out with friends at the homecoming varsity football game. He started going out with his girlfriend that night. He spilt his hot chocolate all over her, too. He was eating nachos and drinking Mountain Dew and he didn't feel like walking over to the trash can. He just threw it on the ground. One of our friends started eating the nachos off the ground and he thought that was disgusting! They didn't actually touch the ground but it was still gross. I remember the time I texted him a couple of weeks before the accident. He didn't have my number at the time. I saidm "Hey!" and he replied, "Who's this?" I never replied back. I regret it now.

We miss you so much, Tyler.. I think of you everyday. I love you so much and I wish I could have had the chance to tell you how much you meant to me.<3

Tyler Michael Perrow 9/11/96-10/17/09

No comments:

Post a Comment